Orcas Island


Shroomz braw.


Thursday and Friday I spent at Orcas Island, camping and hiking with my mother, and my brother and his wife. A long car ride to Anacortes, a ferry trip, and before you knew it we were driving through what appeared to look like an English countryside. Endless fields of pale yellow grass occasionally interrupted by grazing sheep and goats were cut short by a small town. We stopped to have a some breakfast and then we made our way to Moran park where we set up camp and hiked to the top of Mt. Constitution. The trail was amazing and lead us past the Twin Lakes, and through a wonderful forest dominated by huge Douglas Furs. We arrived at the top after several steep switch backs and gazed out across the cloudy overcast sound.
That night we ate salmon and smores, and I sat by the lake and watched as the light from the pale orange moon danced across the water. The next morning the lake was shrouded in a cloak of fog and we ate a great breakfast and headed out. It was a wonderful two days spent with my family, and I really enjoyed my first time on Orcas Island.
























Comments

Popular Posts