Dom onsighting The Nameless Tower(5.11a)

Today was a great reminder of why I love trying new things. It was a cool day at Little si, even though the mugginess of the hike in was clinging to my skin like the black cotton pants I wore. Yes, like most of the crew that day I was under the impression that it was going to be cold and rainy. We were all wrong. Nick and Jimmy decided to head straight to the big boys play pen, while Dom, Laura, Greg, and I started the day off at the woods area. Greg tried on Goddess for size, while Dom and Laura both did a nice little mixed climb called The Nameless Tower. Dom placed the gear and got the OS, while Laura flashed it! Nice job Laura! For a lady with a day job she makes the most out of these weekend outings. I had a good warm up on Goddess and then tried a line I had eyed last time we were here. A nice .11b slab climb called Violent Phlegm's. It was nice rock with great thin edges and incut crimps. I didn't really feel any pressure and just went for it. I felt really focused as far as reading the sequence and before I knew it I was clipping the chains. I was very happy with this one, it is a super classic slab. Greg and I also did the Nameless Tower which is a great route, and while we were doing that Dom was busy onsighting yet another 5.12a just around the corner, Human Glue. We ended the day at World Wall, where Nick was throwing himself at Chronic. He managed to get to the chains twice, which is more than anyone in our crew has managed to do. NIce job Nick, I'm not looking forward to you leaving bro!
Jimmy managed Californicator with one hang which is a great improvement for him, plus he got Graven Image second go! It was turning out to be a great day of climbing for everyone. I am super psyched on Graven Image, I jut wish I wasn;t so damn stubborn and used the good beta. Oh well, I will return tomorrow to finish it off.



Laura on Disincarnate(5.11a).




Jimmy latches the voctory jug on Graven Image(5.12c)

Comments

Popular Posts