North Tendon Bender




Just got home from a super MELLOW day out and about. Greg and I headed out to Little si. We had had just about enough of Mt. Washington and decided it was time to reunite with our first true love. We started out with some classics in the woods, Goddess, Street Sweeper, and Sweet and Sticky. Then we were buzzed off to World Wall where I did Rainy Day and Psychosomatic before falling asleep in my harness. I didn't know if it was the heat/humidity or just the tone the day took on but we were both kind of dragging our feet by this point. Plus every rock star within a 30 minute radius was showing up. First time I've ever seen Jonny G at this crag, go figure. We packed it in and headed down to the car where we retrieved my trusty crash pad and headed for adventure. A few bushwackingly long strides later and we were in the midst of sleeping giants. The Boulder Garden at Little si is just that, a garden home to huge house sized boulders. Most of them coated in thick layers of moss. I had climbed a tiny bit here a couple years ago and remembered seeing a short overhung face with a few small crimps on it so we headed that way. Greg brushed the top for me and I gave it a few goes. An intense couple of moves lead to a super ugly rollover/grovel over top out. Still, I was pleased with my effort, it was a hard little problem at a beautiful angle on nearly flat crimps.


Mmmmmmmmm, tasty crimpers.


Insert Sharma growl here.


We trudged around the overgrowth of the understory for a few more minutes and found a couple more lines to come back to and clean before we left. Double bacon cheeseburgers at the Dairy Freeze has overtaken the dipped cone fad. What can I say? In the words of Ice Cube, Today was a good day.

Comments

Greg Dasso said…
Yeah, it was a good day! I cant wait to get back to those giants and develop some fun stuff.
jimmy said…
Sweet!! I hope to come out and check these problems with you soon! Maybe the 38 one too!

Popular Posts