So Many Ideas

Bolts!  You are looking at 23 brand new stainless steel bolts and hangers.  This new batch should finish equipping two lines that I started, and complete two brand new lines that I've started cleaning.  Just down the road from the wall I've been climbing on is a less overhung wall with more features that will lend itself to easier routes.  I've cleaned and chalked up a good looking 5.8/9 that is around 60 feet tall.  Really excited about this line because my friends will finally get a chance to lead climb!  Plus, my good friend Ivan has just ordered a cordless drill which will make bolting these new routes so much easier. 

On the new route homefront I have checked out the overhanging side of the wall which boasts two distinct lines.  You can kind of see one of them in the picture above.  I've named it the 'Curious People Eat Themselves' project and it is amazing.  I've had to clear some shrubbery (mostly just small stands of alder) out of the way in order to get to the base of the climb, and from what I've cleaned at the top I can already tell this will is going to be a hard one.  Somewhere between 5.11d and 5.12b.  But, I won't be able to tell for sure until I start putting the bolts in and trying the lower moves.  The line itself is around 45-55 feet in length and severely overhung.  I'm talking False Idol overhung, which is really exciting for me.  Its going to be amazing to have such variety in such a small area.  There is one other line on the overhang but its rather short and I haven't had a chance to really inspect it yet.  Its hard to clean and inspect these lines on rappel because of how overhung they are. 
Anyway, that's the skinny on the climbing scene here in Sitka.  I haven't had a chance to really get out and climb much lately, the weather here is just shit.  This is easily the worst summer, weather wise, I have ever been a part of.  Oh well.  Glad to hear reports of everyone back home crushing! 

Comments

Popular Posts