Friday the Right Way


Adam enters the first crux on Sitka Sounds (5.11a/b)






Friday night climbing sessions are back!!
Man, I have missed the community crag vibe for a while now and this past Friday I got a chance to indulge. At least half of the entire climbing community here in Sitka represented at the Whale Wall this past Friday evening and I was more than stoked to once again be surrounded by people who are all psyched on the same thing: climbing!
What was even better was seeing people climbing and figuring out the climbs I had cleaned and worked on for so long. It was great to share beta, talk climbing, and sit back and spray for a while. I had a good session repeating all three main lines on the Whale, Sitka Sounds (5.11a/b), Whale Song (5.11b/c), and Shit Ballz (5.10d). My endurance is absolutely shitty right now and I need to do a lot more training specifically for climbing before our move to Bishop. What the session did instill in me is a strong will to start cleaning more of the cliff. We are working with the Access Fund and the State of Alaska BLM dept. in order to get things legit and rolling to start bolting this small roadside crag. I really could not put in to words what it would mean to me to successfully bolt this crag. Well, we shall see...

Comments

jimmy said…
What are your summer plans? Bishop! Can't wait to visit! Glad to see that you're still climbing and that the snow hasn't taken you completely over ;)

Popular Posts