Just Outside My Door...




First day of school is upon me! I'm currently entrenched and wading through the murky waters of Thomas Khuns' Structure of Scientific Revolutions. His vernacular is seldom dynamic and he tends to be very loquacious and verbose, as well as a little sexist, but the content is mind blowing and gives me a lot to think about. Especially as I enter the second year of my masters program and begin to ponder what it is I actually want to contribute, or can for that matter, to the scientific community at large.
Other matters that have nothing to do with school include our first successful home brew! We have made quite a tasty amber ale, we affectionately refer to as Fly Spit(or maybe I'm the only one, but the story behind the name reveals our adolescent first attempts at brewing). We currently have a second batch in the works, a decadently colored brown ale. Dark and rich, it will be ready just in time to match the mood of our environment and the color of the leaves strewn about the streets of down town Olympia.
I have left my project in good standing, a couple of two hnag attempts and managing to link it through the crux and to the crimpy finish from the last set of underclings. I haven't climbed a lick in 5 days now but I'm satisfied with where I am at. There is a lot of good conversation out there in the blogosphere, especially on Peter Beal's site. So what are you doing wasting time reading this? Click away my friends, I'll see you all soon.


Our 'Easy Amber Ale'


My neighborhood.

Comments

Popular Posts