Little si Today, Olympics Tomorrow.

Just wanted to drop a short line about the beauty of the day today. Not a cloud in the freakin' sky. The blue shades reached as far as the horizon would allow your gaze to wander and my friend Dom as well as myself were wrapped in conversation. The drive time was an afterthought. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of Rainy Day Women, soaked with my own sweat(read previous post for more details). Shedding my button up short sleeve, donning my flowery chalk bag, and blowing the dust off of my quick draws I hesitantly made my way up this inconsistent route; stopping only to grasp the back of my neck to infuse some warmth into my extremities. Pleased with the warm up-we both were-yet shaken by the lack of precision in beta remembrance, we both headed to the looming(read:chossy) wall of False Idol, Jealous God, Graven Image, and a number of link ups that I won't bore you with yet fill my scorecard so as to inflate and derail the importance of the scoring system involved within.
I walked False Idol, a relatively 'easy' or 'soft' 7a, then re-figured out the beta to the crux of Graven Image. V.3?
Dom repeated my former process and I tried to make an ascent of the neighboring and adjoining line I dubbed Godly Image, which in my opinion is a 3 star line(hehehe). Despite all of the hairline fractures and seemingly degradable rock. I tried the line for the first time completely shaking myself off the crux from over(?) enthusiasm. Then re-re-leanred my beta, Dom had another go(same result), and then I managed to fire my link up(yay!), followed shortly by Dom who sent Graven Image(bigger yay!).
The day was a wonderful success and noone had gone into hypothermia, yet. In fact, it was turning out to be perfect temps, on top of the entire wall being dry!!!??
Perfect.
We manned up for an ascent of Psychosomatic, which turned into a gut wrenching, worst time ever(!!!!), worst climbing experience ever(maybe), ascent of the lesser part Psychowussy. Followed by an encore skecthmaster ascent of Aborigine, which I subsequently fell on. It was a foot slip!!! Besides, Dom took 15 minutes to send, so there. It was a sad end to our glorious and victorious day/return to 'real rock' climbing.
I just wanted to say how awesome it was to get back to World Wall after a 4 month hiatus. It felt sooooooooooo good to get on a rope, and go up. Way up. This weather is 'awesome', despite what's causing it(stupid global climate change). Hope to get back out there sometime soon before the Spokane trip.

Comments

Greg Dasso said…
Shake it off, Micah. It sounds like you had a great day by default - just getting back on the sharp end. Despite the struggles and not meeting your highest expectations first time out for the year, it sounds like you two had a phenomenal day. Remember to breathe and I cant wait to get back there with ya this year.

Popular Posts