School's Out for Summer!


Mika in the background sending Aborigine(5.11b).

I don't have too much time to write but I thought I'd give a quick trip report from yesterday. Don't worry, no notable sends or anything, just notable good times and people. As I dangled from the end of a rope, just having taken the usual fall off Psycho, I heard an all too familiar voice say, "Nice Micah!". I turned my head to look downward and saw Daniel!! Holy crap, this was weird, just last Sunday I was mentioning to Nick how it would be cool to see and climb with Daniel again, and low and behold here he was. Jeremy was in tow, and we all had a good laugh together and got caught up on what each of us were doing. Congratulations to Daniel for finishing his masters degree in Environmental Studies, nice one Dan!!!
Greg and I had already been at the crag for a little over an hour and were on our thrid pitch of the day. I got Greg almost to the chains of Girls in the Gym for a warm up(trying to throw Greg in the deep end). Then he did really well getting to and almost through the crux pull on Psychowussy. I pranced around the crag like an elf on crack chattering and giggling, Mika and Emily had shown up as well and I was psyched to have good people everywhere I looked, grunting and growling their way up Abo, Psycho, Reptiles, BLM-5, and Son of Jesus. At the end of the day I had to force myself up one last pitch before calling it quits, all in all Greg managed BLM-5 clean on top rope. I got in 8 pitches in 7 hours(and fuck I was exhausted!!). Jeremy and Mika both redpointed Aborigine, sick!!! And Emily made it to the chains on Psychowussy, very impressive especially if you take into account the amount of Whiskey she drank last night.
All in all I'm really tired, but about to head out and do it all over again. Maybe even throw in some bouldering today, why not?
See you in the deep end of the sharp end!!


Daniel contemplates Aborigine(5.11b)


Emily moving into the crux of Psychowussy(5.11b)

Comments

Popular Posts