I Should be in the NFL...

...because I'm so good at PUNTING off all of my projects on the last freakin' move!!  GAH!! 
The sending has slowed down considerably as of late because I've been mostly dedicating myself to two problems, Acid Wash and Aquatic Hitchhiker.  Although its frustrating sometimes, I have been making small adjustments and even smaller progress, but progress is progress is progress.  The silver lining is that I'm very close to sending two V.10's, a feat that I really had not anticipated nor had I trained for in any regard.  So, with that in  mind, I can't be too hard on myself.  It is amazing every time I step into the dusty brown canyons of the Sads and Happys I am filled with a greater sense of joy.  Knowing that my house is 10 minutes away from these boulders is nothing but comforting, and although I want to climb my hardest I know I still have time to get strong. 
This week saw the departure of good friend Kevin Erickson, but thankfully he left the Bellingham crew in his wake so I still have a super motivational crew left to sit around and make a fool of myself with.  Not to mention the temps are getting really good...


I have some really good heel hook beta for the crux.  I'm really excited I discovered this method. 

Unfortunately, I still need a lot of core strength to stick the move.  *SIGH*

The effervescent Molly (V.5).  I remember trying this on my first trip to Bishop and getting almost angry at the fact that it was graded V.5.  This time around it felt like V.5 and it's one of my favorites in Sads.

The jug at the top is a 'Trip Ender' if you grab it wrong.

*SIGH*!  Aquatic Hitchhiker, I'm literally staring down the jug from here. 

Comments

dom said…
Nice work Micah. Sounds like you are back to your best.

How come you aren't climbing in the Buttermilks more?
Thanks Dom! I'm sticking to the Happy's and Sad's because they are so close to where I live and the problems don't require so many spotters. Just warming up in the Buttermilks is kind of a scary ordeal if you are on a solo mission. Now that I know a lot of people here I expect to make more trips to the milks.

Popular Posts